Enjoy a cultural tour of Fes with a professional guide. Visit the medina, see the world’s oldest continuously functioning university, tour the local souk, and stop to see the oldest tannery in Africa. Taste favorite street foods and meet local artisans.
The uniqueness of Fes stems from the richness of its cultural heritage. Explore the city and visit the main attractions starting with the old medina, an amazing labyrinth of narrow streets and alleyways.
Begin your Full Day Tour at Bab Boujloud, the ornate blue gate leading into the medina, and head to the magnificent Moulay Idriss Mausoleum.
Next, you’ll visit the medieval university of Al-Qarawiyyin, which is both a university and a mosque situated in the heart of the Medina. UNESCO has named it the oldest continuously functioning educational institution in the world.
Pass by other schools such as the Madrasa Bouanania built by Sultan Abu Inan Faris and the Madrasa Al-Attarine created by Sultan Uthman II Abu Said.
Visit the Nejjarine Museum of Wooden Arts and Crafts and see the traditional tools used by craftsmen, and the Berber carpets and musical instruments.
See the city’s tannery, a fascinating place that is the largest tannery in Africa. Visit the Mellah or Jewish Quarter and the old Ibn Danan Synagogue, dating from the 17th century.
After your tour of the old medina, you’ll venture outside the walls. Head directly to the main gate of the Royal Palace where you’ll see craftsmen at work and you’ll enjoy the view of the large plaza and its palm trees.
• Take a walk through the oldest Medina in the Arab world
• Meet local artisans and visit Africa’s oldest tannery
• Taste local street food, such as couscous and tagine
• Visit Al-Qarawiyyin, the world’s oldest continuously functioning university
• PLEASE NOTE •
* 24/7 Customer service & instant confirmation for your booking *
* Enjoy the freedom to book now & pay later *
* Departure everyday Guarantee & recovery of & to your accommodation *
* Some monuments & sites can be closed to the public during religious & days holidays *
* Our activities can be modified as the client wish *