The one-day Tour of Casablanca from Marrakech offers an exploration of Jewish heritage sites. A strong Jewish presence can be felt in Casablanca whether it be in the ancient Jewish Cemeteries, the Synagogues, or in the Mellah (Jewish Quarter).
this tour begins with a visit to Casablanca’s sacred Jewish sites like the Synagogues, cemeteries, and monuments followed by the highlights of old Casablanca. Casablanca has the largest Jewish community in Morocco and has numerous congregations, active communal institutions, and many highly recommended Kosher restaurants. Next up is a visit to the Mellah (Jewish quarter) with its temples and synagogues such as Bet-El, Em Habanim, and Neve Shalom. The Jewish cemetery in the Mellah is open and quiet, with well-kept white stone markers in French, Hebrew, and Spanish. Once a year, Casablancans celebrate Hiloula, a prayer festival, at the tomb of the Jewish prophet Eliahou.
The next stop is a visit to the Museum of Moroccan Judaism exhibiting religious, ethnographic, and artistic objects that demonstrate the history, religion, traditions and daily lives of Jews in Morocco. Take some time to nourish yourself at a culinary pit-stop at the Kosher Cercle de L’Alliance, one of the most significant restaurants for the Casablanca Jewish community.
The last section of the tour covers the Hassan II Mosque, the 3rd largest Mosque in the world looking out to the Atlantic Ocean. Cap the tour off with a visit to the Habous Market and explore local crafts and wood work traditions.
• Explore Jewish heritage sights
• Visit the United Nations Place, Old Medina, Habouss, the Cathedral, and Hassan II Mosque
• Stroll down the Ain Diab Corniche
• PLEASE NOTE •
* 24/7 Customer service & instant confirmation for your booking *
* Enjoy the freedom to book now & pay later *
* Departure everyday Guarantee & recovery of & to your accommodation *
* Some monuments & sites can be closed to the public during religious & days holidays *
* Our activities can be modified as the client wish *